Your privacy is important to us. Here’s how we protect and respect your details
At Shonge Aachi Foundation, we’re honest, we’re analytical, we’re straightforward – it’s part of our values.
We apply these values to everything we do– including how we treat your personal information.
Your ongoing support is invaluable to us. Without it, we cannot continue to help the hundreds of thousands of children, young people, and families we reach every year, across the Bangladesh.
To keep your support, we know we need to earn your trust, so we treat your personal information as you’d expect – with respect.
Below is our promise to you – whether you’re a supporter, donor, fundraiser, campaigner, volunteer, foster carer, adoptive parent, or someone who uses our services: we’ve included an outline of how, why, and when we obtain and use your personal information, and how we keep it safe and secure.
Our promise to you
We are responsible for protecting your personal information, and we take this responsibility very seriously.
- To only collect personal information (or ‘data’) from those who directly interact with us: supporters, donors, fundraisers, event attendees, volunteers, campaigners, foster carers (and/or those who make enquiries), adoptive parents (and/or those who make enquiries), those who use our services, those who use our website and those who request access to our records e.g. a genealogy request.
Shonge Achi Foundation also, through collaboration with universities or research centres, at times apply for and act as data controller for national data on children in order to analyse the characteristics, pathways and outcomes of children through the care or education system. We may therefore receive anonymised or pseudonymised data that we may use in our research as per point 13 below. Where we receive pseudonymised data we are unable to identify the individual that the information relates to.
- We –Shonge Achi Foundation– may be the ‘data controller’ or ‘data processor’ in respect of your personal information depending on the service provided, and are responsible for what happens to it, where it goes, and who sees it … and you can hold us to account for this.
- That we will never ever sell your data to third parties for their own marketing needs.
- To collect the minimum personal information we need, limited, where relevant, to your:
- Age/date of birth
- Contact number(s)
- Email address(es)
- Postal address
- Contact preferences (do you prefer emails or SMS messages?)
- Information for ‘market analysis’
- Records of fundraising events you’ve attended
- Campaigns you’ve supported
With that in mind, you are advised to revisit the policy for the most up-to-date information.